Botox® Cosmetic Benefits
Certain muscles in the face are responsible for wrinkles that many find unattractive. The benefits of Botox® Cosmetic include smoother, more youthful-looking skin by reducing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles. Typical treatment areas include the forehead, frown lines at the root of the nose and the so called “11 lines” or “laugh, smile or cry lines” around the eyes. The older we get, the more we use each of our muscles, which then forms “dynamic wrinkles,” here are a few examples listed below:
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin
Most common areas treated:
- Horizontal Brow Furrows
- Outer part of the nostrils
- Forehead – frontalis muscle
- Shallow injections of Botox to help with acne
- Bunny Lines in the Nasal Area
- Corners of the lips and fine lines above the lips
- Botox can reduce lip wrinkles in some women or prevent thinning lips
- Crows feet (around sides of eyes) – O.oculi muscle
- Change in the eyebrow shape (rounded or peaked)
- Vertical muscle bands in the neck can also be softened
- Pore reduction – reduce pore size and sebum production
- Frown Lines between the Brows – Glabella or procerus & corrugator muscles, known as 1’s, 11’s, 111’s
- Botox can help reduce the size of the Masseter muscle on the jaw and help reduce the size of a wide jaw often seen in some Asian patients.
Botox Non-cosmetic – Most common cases by medical specialists:
- Hyperactive bladder
- Relief from Migraine headaches
- Reduce excess sweating (Hyperhidrosis) Primary for severe underarm, palm or feet sweating that is inadequately managed with topical agents.
- Vocal cord spasms known as Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Eye spasms, eyelid twitching, crossed eye, lazy eye, eye ticks, uncontrolled blinking
- Neck and facial spasms and other central nervous system disorders
- Cerebral Palsy to reduce salivation, in order to prevent aspiration pneumonia.
- May help twitching, headaches and sweat issues
- May treat – Abnormal muscle contraction or twitching, Muscle Rigidity, Anal Fissure, Genetic Skin Diseases.
About different treatment areas
Today, forehead wrinkles and frown lines around the eyes no longer need to be an inevitable part of aging, especially for our patients who travel back & forth from Pittsburgh to Florida. Botox is one of the methods that we use to help reduce some of the signs of aging (lines and wrinkles). These “dynamic” wrinkles deepen with age and often create a terse, stressed appearance. Botox Cosmetic and offers individuals with dynamic wrinkles smoother skin and a natural well-rested appearance.
Botulinum Toxin can be used to improve but not completely get rid of the folds between the outer part of the nostrils and corners of the lips, and fine lines above the lips, creating voluptuous lips. Vertical muscle bands in the neck can also be softened with botulinum toxin. When a small amount of Botox® is into specific places around the eyebrows, a “chemical browlift” or “Liquid Facelift” can be achieved which can cause a change in the eyebrow shape (rounded or peaked) and can even create a mild lifting of the eyebrows. For deeper wrinkles, a combination of botulinum toxin and a filler such as your own fat (through our Fat Transplantation) or Juvederm XC® is often recommended to achieve a maximum improvement.
Call NOW to speak with a specialist 724-987-3221