How does Dermaplaning work?
Dermaplaning treatment in Pittsburgh focus on removing facial hair and smoothing skin, nonsurgical and a highly effective artful superficial exfoliation treatment removes vellus peach fuzz hair and dead skin cells on the face in both men and women, without thicker or darker hair growing back in. A simple surgical scalpel is used to gently exfoliate away the face. It is painless and leaves the highs yields of smoothness, glowing and tone skin. Dermaplaning is usually performed on the face or other small, precise areas of skin but can also be done on larger regions.
Dermaplaning can also be performed in addition to other skin treatments, products (like serums), or even light microdermabrasion or chemical peels. This treatment can encourage the growth of new, healthier skin cells. It is a highly effective way to resurface uneven skin surfaces but is gentle enough to not break capillaries (to help regress rosacea) and prevents scarring skin or discoloration. Dermaplaning doesn’t include the utilization of chemicals it is an excellent option for people who have sensitive skin and can do other chemical type treatments.
Benefits of Dermaplaning Treatment | Pittsburgh
- Diminishes fine lines
- Smooth acne scarring
- Generates new cell growth
- Temporarily removes hair
- Helps to unblock blackheads
- Helps magnify Photofacial results
- Skin care products go on smoother
- Reduces the appearance of some age or sunspots
- Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer 2x daily
- Avoid chlorine
- Avoid facial waxing
- Avoid extreme sun exposure
- No aggressive scrubs for 7-14 days
- May experience peeling for a few days after treatment
- Must use an SPF 30 or higher daily
- Treatment is recommended every 3-5 weeks.
- Treatment cannot be done current acne outbreak areas.
- No shaving or exfoliating 4 days before treatment.
- Men should shave the day of treatment.
- Let your esthetician know all oral and topical medications and if you have a cold sore or herpes simplex.
Q: What are the side effects of dermaplaning?
A: Possible pinkness or redness of the face
Tingling or burning sensation
Q: Is there an in-home option or tool for dermaplaning?
A: While some products are being developed for home dermaplaning, it is not recommended that you perform this procedure at home. Using home tools is dangerous as it could lead to accidents, irritation, and infection.
Q: Does Dermaplaning cause breakouts?
A: Dermaplaning is not recommended for those suffering from moderate to severe acne, as it can irritate existing acne. For those susceptible to acne, there are many possible causes, so talk to your aesthetician, doctor or dermaplaning specialist in order to determine if this procedure will contribute to your acne.
Q: How long does it take to recover from Dermaplaning?
A: Dermaplaning is a non-surgical procedure and will not inhibit your daily activities. In addition, most patients after the procedure will see an immediate benefit in their complexion, while others may have short-lasting redness.
Face or Body Extractions Pricing Regular VIP Discount Body or facial extractions available during any treatment Pending Free Consultation Dermaplaning $99 VIP Special $79 Facials, Masks & Scrubs treatments Price area pending FREE consultation V.I.P. Members receive exclusive discounts and deals.