Body Beautiful is your guide to Intense Pulsed Light IPL, Broad Ban Light, Sublative resurfacing and Non Ablative Fractional 1540 Acne Treatments!
Acne is the most common problematic skin concern in the United States, affecting not only teenagers but up to 80% of adults.
Active acne is a very stubborn condition, the resulting Acne scars or even surgical scars, uneven skin and stretch marks may cause emotional or physical pain and influence quality of life.
Common Acne Problems
If you have any of the following skin conditions, Body Beautiful can treat these acne disorders:
Active Acne – A skin condition causing overactive oil glands causing breakouts in the form of red patches, occasional flare-ups, blackheads or whiteheads. Can be found on the face, chest, back, shoulders and legs.
IPL – Intense Pulsed Light energy used non-invasively stimulate skins deepest layers to kill bacteria caused by an acne breakout. Gentle light energy that stimulates the natural healing process, speeds up healing time and reduces the frequency of flared breakouts, redness or pores size. Fewer acne breakouts mean less risk of future scarring, which helps reduce the need for future scar reduction treatments that cause acne.
Treating the cause saves time and money from years of treating the symptoms, and they are usually treated with over the counters, then possibly topical or oral medications, which often provides undesirable side effects with little results.
Top reasons why people get acne
- Hormones – The most common type of acne is hormonal acne. Puberty, pregnancy, menstrual cycles and menopause can cause flare-ups.
- Not washing or improperly over stripping your face – dirt and oil on the skin attracts bacteria, which causes blemishes. Sleeping with makeup on along with oil and dirt built up from your daily activities will trigger acne.
- Malabsorptions, hypersensitivities and allergies, like Gluten, Sugar and lactose intolerant Dairy intake – Acne on the neck, jaw and chin can mean that you are taking in more sugar and dairy than your body can condone. The skin acts as a passage to emit things your body does not need, so consuming too much sugar (which acts like fuel) and dairy (which is naturally hard to digest), may come out in the form of acne.
- You are what you eat: Nutrition can play a pivotal role in your overall skin health – if it doesn’t digest well, a new blemish may appear on your skin. This has a delayed effect and usually appears 2-3 days after consumption. With the increasing amount of bi-products, genetic modification and over processing of modern foods, this is sure going to create new topical issues.
- Physical activity – Sports equipment such as helmets, collars, chin straps and shoulder pads can trigger acne.
- Detergents and other Skin Irritants – can cause over-stripping of natural oils. Sometimes just switching from a salt scrub to a sugar scrub (because sea salt can be another form of a disguised seafood allergy).
- Certain medications and skin care products – Some drugs include ingredients that trigger acne. Avoid using steroids, antiseizure drugs, lithium products, corticosteroids and scented fabric softeners. Also, avoid oil-based skin care products and look for “non-comedogenic” on the label.
- Bacterial or Cystic Acne – can possibly come from repeated touching of the face, Most people subconsciously touch their face throughout the day, making it prone to dirt and bacteria. Try to avoid touching your face and regularly clean your cell phone to avoid additional debris. Usually takes just the right combination to become cystic.
- Jobs – Exposure to industrial settings, like metal and oils, can trigger acne.
- Genetics – Genes play a huge role in the compound of your skin. Studies show that 50% of adults who suffer from acne comes from genetic factors.
- Weather – Changes in the weather can work its toll on the skin, leaving it unbalanced and prone to acne. When the air changes from cold to try to humid, it becomes confused and does not know how to defend itself. Use protective sunscreen year-round and a cream based moisturizer (not oil based).
- Seasonal Products – Many people have been told they have “Combination skin”, living in western Pennsylvania, creates it own unique wrinkle. Humid summers and dry winters Have you ever had a product that worked well for 3-6 months, then suddenly stopped working?
- Stress – Although stress does not cause acne, it triggers hormones that do. The more stress you have in your life, the higher chance you have of breaking out (and can be a factor in many other health problems).
- Shave Bumps – Acne that is due to shave bumps, fresh open skin may be susceptible.
*All forms can become infected or at least problematic if your pick at it. “Pickers” have a bad habit of spreading the bacteria, germs (from under their fingernails) and causing additional trauma to already inflamed skin. Theory – if you touch light switches and doorknobs that everyone else touches.
Acne Myths: Can eating badly cause acne?
- Caffeine, Pop, greasy fast food and Chocolate cause acne – This myth is not proven and is not scientifically-based. Like everything in your diet, should be consumed in moderation. This can be a precursor to a malabsorption. Sugars CAN however fuel them.
- Adults don’t get acne – Studies show that adults well into their 20s – 50s struggle with acne. However, it may look different from teen acne. Adults typically notice red nodules opposed to blackheads and whiteheads.
- You cannot wear makeup during a breakout – Thick foundations can clog pores which will not help acne clear, but lighter foundations such as mineral powder will not irritate your skin.
- Acne will go away on its own – Acne usually does not go away on its own. Most people try over the counter drugs, prescription medications, and other DIY methods. Our laser treatments are proven for success and can provide permanent results.
- Sunscreen triggers breakouts – Choosing the right sunscreen is key. Chemical-based sunscreens cause heat lumps, so if you suffer from acne, use a physical sunscreen.
- Trying to be to clean – One must adjust their skin care regimen to fit their skin type. Washing your face several times a day will not clear your acne if you have naturally dry skin and vice-versa. Overwashing can actually strip the essential oils needed for layers of protection from elements. We can help you choose the best products to fit your skin type.
- Acne is a cosmetic concern – Acne not only affects your appearance, but it can affect your confidence as well. Untreated and mistreated acne can leave permanent acne scars that are more difficult to treat.
However, we offer effective natural alternative acne treatments:
- Our “healing power of light,” light-based systems deliver highly concentrated light pulses which attack acne on multiple fronts.
Reduce bacteria in acne breakouts and get a quick clearance.
With the additional Levulanic Acid added to an IPL, it penetrates down into hyperactive sebaceous glands and slows down production of sebum that may be causing acne breakouts because of clogged pores.
- Product education (even if you don’t buy our brands), knowledge you can take with you forever.
In order to further protect your investment, we recommend our clinically proven SkinMedica skin care line to enhance and lengthen the results of your acne treatment. To maximize your results, we recommend using SkinMedica’s Acne System, Rejuvenating Moisturizer and Sunscreen.
Getting fast resolution results of current breakouts and longer remission time between treatments, all without the drug-related side effects.
Acne Scars – More serious acne condition in which the nodules left permanent scars.
*Management including pigmentary changes, different lasers can be used, along with a prescription cream. In some patients, depressed scars can be corrected by subcision, injection of filler materials, microneedling collagen remodeling etc.
“If your acne is under control and you’re looking to get rid of acne scars – we have multiple treatment options to successfully get you results!
In the past, laser treatments were considered costly and painful, but with newer equipment and technology, lasers are quick, painless and affordable! We would like to help you on your journey to win back your self-confidence!
|Active Acne Laser||Med. size area||Regular||1/2 Price if V.I.P. Package Discount!+|
|3 session package||$540||270 only 90 a session|
|5 session package||$850||425 only 85 a session|
|Due to the extreme variability in size, pricing can range from $49 for an extra small area to $300 for an extra large area.|
|Recommended Acne Products Acne System, TNS Essential Serum, Retinol, AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, Cream, or Clarity
|Acne Scar Removal||Med. size area||Regular||1/2 Price if V.I.P. Package Discount!+|
|3 session package||$750||375 only 125 a session|
|5 session package||$1,000||500 only 100 a session|
|Due to the extreme variability in size, pricing can range from $49 for an extra small area to $300 for an extra large area.
|Recommended Products Acne Scar Recovery Gel, Acne System, TNS Essential Serum, Sunscreen, Retinol|
|Abnormalities or Blemishes –||Active Acne, Pimples, Enlarged Pores, Clogged Pores, Skin-tags, Moles, Black/Whiteheads, Sebaceous Cysts, Fibromas, Keratosis, Warts, Cholesterol Deposits, Milia, etc… – PENDING CONSULTATION|
|Become a V.I.P. Member and Receive Half OFF Your Treatment|