Active Acne and Body Scars
Body Beautiful is your guide to Pulsed Light IPL and Non-Ablative Palomar Fractional 1540 Acne Treatments!
Laser Treatments for Body Scars and Acne
One of the most common skin concerns in the United States is Active Body Scars and Acne. These issues affect not only teenagers but up to 80% of adults. Acne scars, Stretchmarks, and surgical scars may cause emotional or physical pain and influence the quality of life.
It’s a stubborn condition, usually treated with over the counters, then possibly topical or oral medications, which often provides undesirable side effects with little results.
Common Acne Problems
If you have any of the following skin conditions, Body Beautiful can treat these acne disorders:
Active Acne – A skin condition causing overactive oil glands causing breakouts in the form of red patches, occasional flare-ups, blackheads or whiteheads. It can be found on the face, chest, back, shoulders, and legs.
IPL- Intense Pulsed Light energy used is non-invasive and stimulates skin deepest layers to kill bacteria caused an acne breakout. The gentle light energy that stimulates the natural healing process, speeds up healing time and reduces the frequency of breakouts, redness or pores size. Fewer acne breakouts mean less risk of future scarring, which helps reduce the need for future scar reduction treatments that causes acne. Treating the cause saves time and money from years of treating the symptoms.
Top 10 reasons why people get acne
- Hormones – The most common type of acne is hormonal acne. puberty, pregnancy, menstrual cycles, and menopause can cause flare-ups.
- Not washing your face – Dirt, makeup, oil on the skin attracts bacteria, which causes blemishes. Sleeping with makeup on along with oil and dirt built up from your daily activities will trigger acne.
- Malabsorptions, Like Gluten, Sugar and Dairy intake – Acne on the neck, jaw, and chin can mean that you are taking in more sugar and dairy than your body can condone. The skin acts as a passage to emit things your body does not need, so consuming too much sugar (which acts like fuel) and dairy (which is naturally hard to digest), it comes out in the form of acne.
- Physical activity – Sports equipment such as helmets, workout gloves, wraps, collars, chin straps, and shoulder pads can trigger acne.
- Bacterial or Cystic Acne – can possibly come from repeated touching of the face, most people subconsciously touch their face throughout the day, making it prone to dirt and bacteria. Try to avoid touching your face and regularly clean your cell phone to avoid additional debris. Usually takes just the right combination once to become cystic.
- Jobs – Exposure to industrial settings, like metal and oils, can trigger acne.
- Genetics – Genes play a huge role in the compound of your skin. Studies show that 50% of adults who suffer from acne comes from genetic factors.
- Certain medications and skincare products – Some drugs include ingredients that trigger acne. Avoid using steroids, antiseizure drugs, lithium products, corticosteroids, scented fabric softeners or detergents. Also, avoid oil-based skincare products and look for “non-comedogenic” on the label.
- Weather – Seasonal changes in the weather can work its toll on the skin, leaving it unbalanced and prone to acne. When the air changes from cold to dry to humid, it becomes confused and does not know how to defend itself. Use protective sunscreen year-round and a cream-based moisturizer (not oil-based).
- Stress – Although stress does not cause acne, it triggers hormones that do. The more stress you have in your life, the higher the chance you have of breaking out (and can be a factor in many other health problems).
*All forms of acne can become scarred or discolored if you pick at it. If you don’t want acne scars its imperative to not pick or irritate the skin with bacteria spreading germs under the fingernails while introducing inflammation to the skin.
Acne Laser Treatments | Acne Myths: Can eating badly cause acne?
- Caffeine, Pop, and Chocolate cause acne – This myth is not proven and is not scientifically-based. Like everything in your diet, chocolate and caffeine should be consumed in moderation. This can be a precursor, like malabsorption.
- SUGAR DOES FUEL MOST SKIN AILMENTS (especially via your liquid intake)
- Adults don’t get acne – Studies show that adults well into their 20s – 50s struggle with acne. However, it may look different from teen acne. Adults typically notice red nodules as opposed to blackheads and whiteheads.
- You cannot wear makeup during a breakout – Thick foundations can clog pores which will not help acne clear, but lighter foundations such as mineral powder will not irritate your skin.
- Acne will go away on its own – Acne usually does not go away on its own. Most people try over the counter drugs, prescription medications, and other DIY methods. Our laser treatments are proven for success and can provide permanent results.
- Sunscreen triggers breakouts – Choosing the right sunscreen is key. Chemical-based sunscreens cause heat lumps, so if you suffer from acne, use a physical sunscreen.
- Trying to be to clean – One must adjust their skincare regimen to fit their skin type. Washing your face several times a day will not clear your acne if you have naturally dry skin and vice-versa. Overwashing can actually strip the essential oils needed for layers of protection from elements. We can help you choose the best products to fit your skin type.
- Acne is a cosmetic concern – Acne not only affects your appearance, but it can affect your confidence as well. Untreated and mistreated acne can leave permanent acne scars that are more difficult to treat.
Laser Acne Treatments | YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT: Nutrition can play a pivotal role in your overall skin health – if it doesn’t digest well, a new blemish may appear on your skin. This has a delayed effect and usually appears 2-3 days after consumption. With the increasing amount of bi-products, genetic modification and over-processing of modern foods, this is sure going to create new topical issues.
However, we offer effective natural alternative acne treatments:
- Our laser acne treatments light-based systems deliver highly concentrated light pulses that attack acne on multiple fronts.
Reduce bacteria in acne breakouts and get quick clearance.
With the additional Levulanic Acid added to an IPL, it penetrates down into hyperactive sebaceous glands and slows down the production of sebum that may be causing acne breakouts because of clogged pores.
- Product education (even if you don’t buy our brand) knowledge you can take with you forever.
In order to further protect your investment, we recommend our clinically proven SkinMedica skincare line to enhance and lengthen the results of your acne treatment. To maximize your results, we recommend using SkinMedica’s Acne System, Rejuvenating Moisturizer and Sunscreen. Additionally, check out our laser acne important information page.
Getting fast resolution results of current breakouts and longer remission time in between treatments, all without the drug-related side effects.
Acne Scars – More serious acne condition in which the nodules left permanent scars.
*Management including pigmentary charges, different lasers can be used, along with a prescription cream. In some patients, depressed scars can be corrected by subcision, injection of filler materials, collagen remodeling, etc.
“If your acne is under control and you’re looking to get rid of acne scars – we have multiple treatment options to successfully get you results!
In the past, laser treatments were considered costly and painful, but with newer equipment and technology, the laser is quick, painless and affordable! We would like to help you on your journey to win back your self-confidence!
|Active Acne Laser||Med. size area||Regular|
|3 session package||$349|
|5 session package||$499|
| Due to the extreme variability in size, pricing can range from $49 for an extra small area to $249 (BACK AND SHOULDERS) for an extra large area.
|Recommended Acne Products Acne System, TNS Essential Serum, Retinol, AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser, Cream, or Clarity
|Acne Scar Removal||Med. size area||Regular|
|3 session package||$449|
|5 session package||$599|
| Due to the extreme variability in size, pricing can range from $49 for an extra small area to $299 (BACK AND SHOULDERS) for an extra large area.
|Kenalog - Cortisone Steroid Injection||For thick scarring, keloids scars (great for all, including darker skin types).||$49 - $199|
|Recommended Products Acne Scar Recovery Gel, Acne System, TNS Essential Serum, Sunscreen, Retinol|
|Skin Irregularities||Per irregularity, dependent upon the location and size of the treated area.|
|Approximately||$99 – 249|
|Additional irregularities||$35 – 60|
|Multiple Areas &/or Package Discount – Pending Consultation|
|Lamprobe||Multiple Skin Abnormalities or Blemishes - Active Acne, Pimples, Enlarged Pores, Clogged Pores, Skin-tags, Skin tags or Skintag Moles, Black/Whiteheads, Sebaceous Cysts, Fibromas, Keratosis, Warts, Cholesterol Deposits, Milia, etc…||General Pricing|
|A Touchups may or may not be recommended.||Pending Consultation||$60 for the first spot|
|$50 for each of 3|
|$45 for each of 4|
|$35 for each of 5 or more|
|Lidocaine injection or
numbing cream available
|Recommended Products Sunscreen, TNS Essential Serum, TNS Recovery Complex, Scar Recovery Gel, rarely needed
|REDs - Rosacea / Capillary / Angioma or Browns (Pigmentation, Melasma, Sun/Age Spots)||Med. size area||Price Regular|
|3 session package||$399|
|5 session package||$549|
|Calming Facial (Rosacea) Serums with either a Massage AND steam, OR Gentle Peel, OR Exfoliation||Mask, Product Skin Consult Gentle||
|Note:||Can do per spot – PENDING|
|Recommended Products Acne Scar Recovery Gel, Acne System, TNS Essential Serum, Sunscreen, Retinol|
|Note||The number of treatment sessions needed varies from patient to patient. Generally, a 40 to 70 percent reduction for each treatment is considered a successful outcome – most patients need 2-3 treatments.|