Botox Commonly Treated Areas
Botox Treatment Areas and Cosmetic Benefits
Some muscles in the face are effectively responsible for wrinkles, folds, and lines that many patients find unattractive. The benefits of Botox Cosmetic include smoother, more youthful-looking skin by reducing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles. Botox treatment areas or commonly treated areas involve the forehead, frown lines at the root of the nose, and the so-called “11 lines” or “laugh, smile or cry lines” nearby the eyes. The older we get, the more we use each of our muscles, which then forms “dynamic wrinkles,” here are a few examples listed below:
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin
Common Botox Treatment Areas:
- Botox for Lips
- Botox for hands
- Botox underarms for sweating
- Botox for feet
- Horizontal Brow Furrows
- The outer part of the nostrils
- Forehead – frontalis muscle
- Bunny Lines in the Nasal Area
- Shallow injections of Botox to help with acne
- Corners of the lips and fine lines above the lips
- Crows feet (around sides of eyes) – O.oculi muscle
- Change in the eyebrow shape (rounded or peaked)
- Vertical muscle bands in the neck can also be softened
- Pore reduction – reduce pore size and sebum production
- Botox can reduce lip wrinkles in some women or prevent thinning lips
- Frown Lines between the Brows – Glabella or procerus & corrugator muscles, known as 1’s, 11’s, 111’s
- Botox can help reduce the size of the Masseter muscle on the jaw and help reduce the size of a wide jaw often seen in some Asian patients.
Botox Non-cosmetic – Most common cases by medical specialists:
- Hyperactive bladder
- Relief from Migraine headaches
- Reduce excess sweating (Hyperhidrosis) Primary for severe underarm, palm, or feet sweating that is inadequately managed with topical agents.
- Vocal cord spasms are known as Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Eye spasms, eyelid twitching, crossed eye, lazy eye, eye ticks, uncontrolled blinking
- Neck and facial spasms and other central nervous system disorders
- Cerebral Palsy to reduce salivation, in order to prevent aspiration pneumonia.
- It May help with twitching, headaches, and sweat issues
- May treat – Abnormal muscle contraction or twitching, Muscle Rigidity, Anal Fissure, Genetic Skin Diseases.
Today, forehead wrinkles and frown lines around the eyes no longer need to be an inevitable part of aging. Botox is one of the methods that we use to help reduce some of the signs of aging (lines and wrinkles). The “dynamic” wrinkle lines increase with age and frequently create a tense, stressed appearance. Botox Cosmetic and offers individuals with dynamic wrinkles smoother skin and a natural well-rested appearance.
Botulinum Toxin can be used to improve but not completely get rid of the folds between the outer part of the nostrils and corners of the lips, and fine lines above the lips, creating voluptuous lips. Vertical muscle bands in the neck can also be softened with botulinum toxin. When a small amount of Botox is into specific places around the eyebrows, a “chemical brow lift” or “Liquid Facelift” can be achieved which can cause a change in the eyebrow shape (rounded or peaked) and can even create a mild lifting of the eyebrows. For deeper wrinkles, a combination of botulinum toxin and a filler such as your own fat (through our Fat Transplantation) or Juvederm XC is often recommended to achieve maximum improvement.
Advanced Treatment Areas
Botox can also be used in other areas such as a treatment option for sweaty palms or hands also the feet, and underarms are able to be injected with botox for sweat.