Skin Rejuvenation Pre and Post Care – Here at Body Beautiful we feel very confident in the safety technology of the eMatrix. The Radio Frequency delivers heat energy where it needs to be delivered it WILL NOT hurt nerves or muscle.
Here is a list of things that should be done before your treatment.
- Avoid the use of Retinol for 1 week prior to treatment
- Avoid 4 weeks before or 2 weeks after treatment – sun exposure, tanning, self-bronzers, or tinting foundations. This could increase the chance of side effects.
- If you have a history of cold sores antiviral therapy maybe be started one day before treatment and a week after treatment.
- Post-treatment, new collagen, and healthy skin cells are produced. Mild to moderate wrinkles and superficial skin discolorations are reduced. The texture of your skin becomes more smooth and elastic.
- May notice erythema – redness and edema (swelling) after treatment. Will feel like a sunburn but will subside after 1-3 hours.
- Apply clean, sterilized cold compress if needed
- Keep skin very clean to avoid contamination or infection while skin is healing.
- You may notice micro scabbing on the area treated this should not be touched, itched or picked. You may be itchy in the area treated that is a normal part of the healing process.
- NO prolonged heat for at least 48 hours after treatment. Avoid a lot of heat such as saunas, jacuzzis, very hot showers, sun exposure or strenuous activity.
- Men should not shave for at least 2 days after treatment.
- Women do not apply makeup for at least 36-48 hour after treatment
USE SUNSCREEN and other skin protective treatments
AVOID UNPROTECTED SUN EXPOSURE for 30 days before and after treatment This helps avoid hypo and hyperpigmentations.
Contraindication – Caution read this before considering this treatment (Consult with your Doctor).
- As per the practitioner’s discretion refrain from treating any conditions which might make it unsafe for the patient.
- Current history of skin cancer, the current condition of any other type of cancer or premalignant moles.
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at the wavelengths used such as a history of systemic lupus erythematosus, porphyria, and epilepsy.
- History of diseases stimulated by heat such as recurrent herpes simplex in the treatment area may be treated only following a prophylactic regimen.
- History of any kind of cancer (unless cleared by your personal or family Physician)
- Excessively tanned skin from the sun, tanning bed or tanning creams within the last 2-4 weeks (minimally), depending on how the patient retains.
- Don’t treat over a tattoo or permanent makeup
- Severe reoccurring conditions such as cardiac disorders.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as HIV, AIDS or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders such as diabetes.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema or/and rash.
- History of skin disorders such as keloids, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies or use of anticoagulants.
- Use of medications, herbs, food supplements, and vitamins have been known to induce photosensitivity to light exposure at the wavelengths used such as Retin-A, Isotretinoin (Accutane), within the past 6 months, Tetracyclines or St Johns wort within the past 2 weeks
- Deep Facial laser resurfacing and deep chemical peeling within the last 3 months if the face is treated.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing.
- Pregnancy or/and nursing.
- If you’ve had injections, waiting the following time periods:
- Following Neurotoxin injections: Wait 3-4 weeks, but can do beforehand.
- Following natural fillers (Ex: Hyaluronic acid, collagen, etc) Wait 3-4 weeks, but can do beforehand.
- Following synthetic fillers (example – silicone) Do NOT treat the area, but can do beforehand.
Minimal to no downtime – Most people experience no side effects, though a few may exhibit some short-term local reddening-advantages translate to enhanced patient comfort, convenience, and satisfaction. Conveniently turns the signs of aging and delivers a further youthful appearance without downtime.
Go to Syneron Candela for a complete up-to-date list for this procedure.
Call Body Beautiful now for more information about Skin Rejuvenation Pre and Post Care by calling 724-987-3221