Radio Frequency only delivers heat energy where it needs to be delivered, WILL NOT hurt nerves or muscle so here at Body Beautiful we feel very confident in the safety technology of the eMatrix
Here is a list of things that should be done before your treatment.
- Avoid use of Retinol for one week prior to treatment
- Avoid 4 weeks before or after treatment – sun exposure, tanning, self bronzers or tinting foundations. This could increase the chance of side effects.
- If you have a history of cold sores antiviral therapy maybe be started one day before treatment and a week after treatment.POST CARE:
Post-treatment, new collagen, and healthy skin cells are produced. Mild to moderate wrinkles and superficial skin discolorations are reduced. The texture of your skin becomes more smooth and elastic.
- May notice erythema – redness and edema (swelling) after treatment. Will feel like a sunburn but will subside after 1-3 hours.
- Apply clean, sterilized cold compress if needed
- Keep skin very clean to avoid contamination or infection while skin is healing.
- You may notice micro scabbing on the area treated this should not be touched, itched or picked. You may be itchy in the area treated that is a normal part of the healing process.
- NO prolonged heat for at least 48 hours after a treatment. Avoid a lot of heat such as saunas, jacuzzis, very hot showers, sun exposure or strenuous activity.
- Men should not shave for at least 2 days after treatment.
- Women do not apply makeup for at least 36-48 hour after treatment
USE SUNSCREEN and other skin protective treatments
AVOID UNPROTECTED SUN EXPOSURE for 30 days before and after a treatment This helps avoid hypo and hyperpigmentations.
Contraindication – Caution read this before considering this treatment (Consult with your Doctor).
- Current history of skin cancer, the current condition of any other type of cancer or premalignant moles.
- History of any kind of cancer (unless cleared by your personal or family Physician)
- Severe reoccurring conditions such as cardiac disorders.
- Pregnancy or/and nursing.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as HIV, AIDS or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at the wavelengths used such as a history of systemic lupus erythematosus, porphyria, and epilepsy.
- history of diseases stimulated by heat such as recurrent herpes simplex in the treatment area may be treated only following a prophylactic regimen.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders such as diabetes.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema or/and rash.
- History of skin disorders such as keloids, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies or use of anticoagulants.
- Use of medications, herbs, food supplements, and vitamins have been known to induce photosensitivity to light exposure at the wavelengths used such as Retin-A, Isotretinoin (Accutane), within the past 6 months, Tetracyclines or St Johns wort within the past 2 weeks
- Deep Facial laser resurfacing and deep chemical peeling within the last 3 months if the face is treated.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing.
- Don’t treat over a tattoo or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned skin from the sun, tanning bed or tanning creams within the last 2-4 weeks (minimally), depending on how patient retains.
- As per the practitioner’s discretion refrain from treating any conditions which might make it unsafe for the patient.
- If you’ve had injections, waiting the following time periods:
- Following Botox injections: Wait 3-4 weeks
- Following natural fillers (Ex: Hyaluronic acid, collagen, etc) Wait 3-4 weeks
- Following synthetic fillers (eg silicone) Do NOT treat the area
Minimal to no downtime – Most people experience no side effects, though a few may exhibit some short-term local reddening-advantages translate to enhanced patient comfort, convenience and satisfaction. Comfortably reverse the signs of aging and achieve a more youthful appearance without downtime.
Go to http://syneron-candela.com/na/treatment/sublative for a complete up-to-date list for this procedure.