Microneedling Important Information
Pre Treatment Care:
- Do not use any sun-sensitive medications such as Retin-A, Retinol, Tretinoin or more for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Patients should not have any makeup, lotions, creams, etc. in the treatment area on the day of the treatment.
- The treatment area should not be sunburned or tanned.
- If the patient has an acne breakout right before treatment, the micro needling will need to be delayed until it clears.
Day 1: You will experience mild to moderate swelling and redness, similar to a sunburn. There may be some mild bruising. Do not use ice after, apply sunscreen or makeup for 12 hours after treatment because the skin’s channels are open.
Day 2: There still may be some persisting redness, but all redness, bruising, and swelling should be fading.
Day 3: Most redness and swelling should be almost gone. You should appear normal with makeup applied. Additionally, skin can get dry by day 3 moisturize often throughout the day with non-scented moisturizer.
Day 4: Skin should appear normal at this point with some minor swelling, some feel that this is an initial boosting benefit.
Other important post-care information:
The SkinPen may trigger cold sores. Please keep this in mind and have medication prior or on hand if you are prone to cold sores.
Avoid direct sun exposure for 1 week.
Do not use Retin-A or other sun-sensitive medications for 3-4 days.
Opposed to other skin rejuvenation techniques, the SkinPen uses the body’s natural power of healing. It uses the body’s natural healing process to enhance collagen production, achieving amazing results. The process may take fewer sessions than other methods.
The SkinPen’s needles range from .25mm – 2.5 mm in length. This is key because the technician can adjust the treatment based on the patient’s skin condition and treatment (deeper penetration is needed for acne, burn or surgical scars).
Microneedling Important Information | Fun Facts!
- Microneedling is also known as CIT or Collagen Induction Therapy, which is an FDA-approved anti-aging treatment
- Micro Needling can be done almost anywhere on the body
- The procedure creates microscopic channels into the skin’s deep layers, which stimulate the body’s natural anti-age defense by thickening the skin up to 75%
- Micro Needling is safe and effective in all skin types and tones
- The Skin Pen’s microneedles help treat wrinkles, stretch marks, clogged pores and age spots with no injections
- Microneedling is a great alternative to invasive facelift surgery