Your safety is extremely important to us. The light from the lasers and devices is used to fade, lighten, remove and destroy damaged tissue. You may have photodamage if you have enlarged pores, wrinkles, pigment alterations and/or coarse skin texture.
Our Most Popular Treatment
Our Photofacial treatment is the gold standard for facial rejuvenation. The FDA-approved innovative technology secures dramatic results. Not only is the photofacial safe, non-surgical and effective, it treats multiple conditions and issues during each 30-minute session. There is little to no downtime and minimal side effects. After just 2-3 sessions, you will begin to notice dramatic changes to the texture and tone of your skin. Photofacials are a permanent cosmetic treatment, making it the best option for most people looking to brighten and rejuvenate their face while correcting any scars, fine lines, and red/brown spots and breakouts.
The Best Candidates Are…
Men and women who want to correct blemishes, scars or unsightly veins. It is recommended for the face, neck, hands, arms, chest, back and legs; wherever you experience the sun and/or acne damage. From the time we were kids, we’ve been exposed to the sun and its harmful rays. Over the years, our skin begins to show the effects, so, as soon as you begin to notice changes in pigmentation, we recommend a Photofacial as the first step in the skin rejuvenation process.
Reap the Benefits…
- Little to no downtime
- Minimal side effects (some people experience mild-medium redness)
- Quick treatment (you will be in and out within 30 minutes)
- Less pain than you’d expect (most say it feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin)
- Excellent cosmetic results
Photofacials – can appear as a mixture of either Brown or Red Pigmentations:
Brown Pigments – Such as sunspots, birthmarks or freckles, may or may not get darker, crust and fall off following this procedure. DO NOT PICK at them, or use any harsh skin products or exfoliate for 2 weeks following the laser treatment due to possible hypopigmentation. Let the damaged skin fall off naturally and a new fresh layer of skin emerge, making you look up to 15 years younger! Talk with your laser technician for safe alternatives for skin care products such as our new SkinMedica line.
Red Pigments – Such as Rosacea, sun spots, broken capillaries, and sunburns/marks. When treating red pigments, you may experience increased redness – this is normal. Having redness in your skin makes you prone to getting more red before it gets better. The redness will clear up and absorb into your body and will be flushed out, and your new layer of skin will appear rejuvenized, younger and clean!
Medications to Pause Using Prior to Your Treatment
- Self-tanners, Bronzers, Tinted lotions
- Sun exposure (natural sun or tanning bed)
- Topicals that make you photosensitive like glycolics, accutane, retinol products, etc.
- Mention if you are taking antibiotics or are currently on photosensitizing medications
- Mention if you have a serious skin condition (Porphyria, Melasma,Vitiligo)
Patient that should NOT use Levulan or PDT?
Those who have photosensitivity (cutaneous), especially at wavelengths at 400-550 nm, or porphyrin allergies, known sensitivity to any of components of Topical Solution, Levulan Kerastick or anyone who is currently nursing or pregnant.
Begin using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer a few days before your treatment if possible
when wearing makeup, lotions & potions and antiperspirants please thoroughly removed before the area is treated “They will burn you”. Please shave areas of treatment before coming into any laser sessions. We also highly recommend avoiding any
- Self-tanners, Bronzers, Tinted lotions, including creams that dye skin or hair (for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to treatment)
- Hair styling or salon services or any other products, including skin care creams
- Sun exposure (natural sun or tanning bed)
Sun Exposure Concerns:
Remember – Redness may turn brown if exposed to the sun! Please stay out of direct sunlight and sun exposure for 2 weeks prior to the treated area and for 1 to 2 months following treatment. You must apply Sunblock daily to treated areas, especially facial areas with a broad spectrum minimum SPF 30 or higher, reapply every 2-3 hours. Tanning after treatment sessions may enhance melanin regeneration, which may result in hyperpigmentation (white spots) or other side effects.
These treatments are considered safe and typically no side effects or long-term complications, and go away on their own within days. Certain risks, while they are considered rare, can occur for some patients.
Disclaimer: Possible Side Effects
- Mild discomfort (If you are extremely pain-sensitive, you may want to try a test spot first. However, most people are not bothered by the handpiece and the quick energy pulses)
- Mild redness for one to two days post-treatment (This can be easily covered with makeup. The redness disappears within one hour of the treatment.)
- Scarring, hypo or hyperpigmentation
- Breakouts can occur during the course of treatment but typically subside.
- Stinging, itching, burning, edema and erythema.
- Crusting, scaling or scabbing where there is freckles/sun damage.
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS for the IPL Levulan treatment
Patients should avoid treatment sites to exposure of photosensitive objects, such as sunlight, bright indoor lights or even a bright campfire at least 48 hours prior to and after IPL/Levulan treatment. Exposure increases stinging, burning sensation, can cause additional edema or erythema of lesions. Sunscreens or wearing a hat do not protect enough against photosensitive reaction.